Happy New Year!
Video in Print advertising (VPA) is a unique way to fuse the emotional elements of video with the informative nature of print into one highly effective marketing piece. Here are some tips to ensure you get the best piece for your marketing spend.
- Pick a reputable supplier. Anyone with a web site and an electronics supplier in China can sell video in print advertising so make sure the supplier you choose has design and manufacturing expertise.
- VPA itself is not patented. While some suppliers claim it is, only a few of the scores of designs available are covered by patent protection so you have many choices available to you.
- Video units are not created equal. Make sure your supplier uses top quality components.
- Chose the right files. To ensure the quality of your video and sound we recommend using the following:
a. Video File Format: MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, (Codec: MPEG-4,Divx,Xvid 720P)
b. Audio output: Mono speaker
c. Sound level: 75-80 dB
- The shorter, the better. Video is a great way to deliver your message, but keep it to 30-60 seconds. And don’t forget the call to action so you can track responses.
- Double check the packaging. Make sure the shipper will hold up in the mail and deliver your video unit in working order.
- Don’t forget the design elements. Designing the VPA unit with print treatments and engaging design elements can help you match the piece to your company’s personality.
At Structural Graphics, we have produced hundreds of thousands of video units for some of the top Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Financial Services, Manufacturing and Entertainment brands in the world. Check out our VPA Gallery here.