Regal Cinemas Polygon Penguin
We partnered with ResponsePoint to create the Polygon Pop Up Penguin mailer. ResponsePoint brainstormed a marketing vision for their client, Regal Cinemas, that involved a complex, dimensional penguin popping out of a mailer. The penguin had to meet certain specifications to work within their campaign and to relay Regal Corporate Box Office’s brand and products. Plus, it needed to be something that end-users would want to keep on their desk throughout the holiday season.
Based on previous surveys, ResponsePoint understood that their client’s most-valued customers wanted to feel special, like their loyalty matters. These customers were accustomed to receiving post cards and emails as their marketing communications. They knew this mailer needed to stand out in the mail and look expensive, so as to convey to these customers how much they were valued.
Plus, the campaign was designed around triggering an emotional response. The mailer with the Pop Up Penguin served as the first touch in the Regal Corporate Box Office holiday marketing campaign.The design of the penguin and the implementation of the pop-up was done to create positive feelings that would make customers want to share on social media and with their co-workers and friends. The penguin was meant to create joy, but also keep Regal top of mind during the holiday season. In the end, all of this was achieved to meet the overarching goal of increasing response and sales for Regal.
- There was a 13% increase in purchase response when compared to Holiday 2018 for the same first touch time period.
- For Holiday 2018, a pop-up had also been done, but it was an ornament versus a penguin that the end user could keep on their desk. The staying power of having the “cool” reminder there front and center proved powerful in response.
- There was also an 84% increase in purchase response when compared to the same time period during Holiday 2017, when a traditional flat self-mailer was used.
- The Mailer that contained the Pop Up Penguin had promotion codes for three different incentive offers printed on it. These offers could be redeemed during set time periods over the course of the 2 ½ month long campaign.
- The campaign results showed that not only were the customers keeping the Pop-up Penguin, but they were also keeping the mailer.
- Over 45% of the orders that occurred during the second touch of the campaign were a direct result of the initial Dimensional Mailer with the Pop Up Penguin.
ResponsePoint had strategized to make the Pop-up a keepsake, but customers found the whole package worth keeping.