Print and NFC
NFC – Print's Digital Connection
Near-field communication (NFC) technology uses tiny, radio frequency (RFID) emitting tags to connect with digital devices like smartphones. When a smartphone comes within range of the RFID signal, its web browser displays the content the signal steers it to. It’s that simple. There are no special apps needed or software to download. With Apple’s release of ios11, virtually all mobile devices moving forward will provide NFC interactivity.
NFC tags can be embedded or applied as stickers to anything that can be printed. And, the content that the chip is linked to can be changed at any time, providing versatility, adaptability, and campaign longevity. Drive people to a website, a video, a contest, to update their contact profile or any online destination through any printed piece.
Print Uses for NFC
Brochures, in store signs, posters, flyers, mailers, manuals, instruction sheets, coupons, business cards, invitations, menus, folders, magnets, door hangers, table tents, coasters . . . whatever can be printed!
WHY STRUCTURAL GRAPHICS
- The additional investment for adding NFC to your piece makes ensuring it gets noticed even more critical.
- Our clutter-busting dimensional mail pieces have been out-performing their traditional counterparts with superior ROI and response rates for over 4 decades.
A Trusted Partner
- Knowing a technology’s capabilities, options and restrictions is what makes us a trusted partner for technology products like video-in-print, sound modules, and now, NFC.
- Did you know there are different types of NFC tags? Types 1 and 2 come with capacities between just a tiny 48 bytes and 2 kilobytes of data, and can transmit that information at just 106 kbit/s. These highly cost effective tags are all you need for most basic NFC projects, and can also be re-used if you want to change the data stored on them.
- A 40 year tradition of defining what print can be through innovation.
- Project management expertise gets the most from your budget.
- Over 40,000 existing designs to deliver your NFC tag.
- Our wholly-owned hand assembly plant is code-of-conduct certified by Disney, Hallmark and other quality-demanding brands.
- Trust our hand assembly professionals for proper application of NFC tags that can’t be done by machine - in quantities from hundreds to millions.
- Hand assembly model allows you to hide the tags, apply multiple tags and place them anywhere on your piece.
- Your NFC tag order is QC’d in our facility vs. other suppliers who buy and ship direct from China with no additional QC checks.
- We can program your NFC tags in-house allowing for last minute changes
Imagine the Possibilities!
Print and NFC
Give recipients a sneak peek of your new car model, take them on POV test, have them a sweepstakes or help them find the closest dealer!
Deliver patient education materials, increase compliance with reminders that can be signed up for online, or share patient portals!
Take students on a virtual campus tour, introduce them to educators, streamline their admission process or promote athletic programs.
Travel and Tourism
Bring travelers on a tour of your property, share discount offers, provide sign up for specials or award upgrades, introduce club benefits and…