For years we’ve been hearing it: print is dead. With more and more people heading online to get their news, research products and read reviews, it may seem that way to some. But, not according to savvy marketers. Businesses and marketers should continue investing in printed collateral, viewing it as a worthy and profitable way to promote a brand and stay top-of-mind.
- 66 % of millennials are more likely to remember to use a voucher if they have a physical copy to carry around.
- 23% of millennials bought or ordered something as a result of receiving direct mail in the last year.
- Retailers have seen a $21 million dollar difference in online sales per million site visitors between those who had received a catalog at their home address and those that had not.
- 92% of shoppers say they prefer direct mail for making purchasing decisions.
- Direct mail household response rate is at 3.7% (compared to .2% mobile, .1% email, .1% social media, and .02% internet display).
- 91% of mail is picked up by the same person each day; 80% of them are women.
- Bobonos customers who received a catalog spend 1.5 times more than new shoppers who didn’t receive a catalog first.
- Boden customers spend up to 15 to 20 minutes with their catalog, vs. an average of 8 seconds for an email and 5 minutes with their iPad app.
Statistics were compiled by Compu-Mail. To view their entire list, please click here.