“The details are not the details. They make the design.” – Charles Eames, American graphic designer
Structural Graphics takes a special interest in what retail consumers want to see on product packaging, so when we came across Deborah Ginsburg’s article, “Top Packaging Design Trends for 2015” we perked up, eager to see what insights the founder and CEO of Strategia Design had to offer. Turns out, we couldn’t agree more. Continue reading
When your goal is to build a relationship — your marketing must focus on solving your customer’s problem. Continue reading
Sometimes your audience just needs a little more. Meet the Extendo. Like its name suggests, it gives brands extra room for messaging and graphics and adds a level of participant interaction that rivals digital. Continue reading
With Structural Graphics’ 40th anniversary coming up next year, we’ve been reflecting on the history of advertising. Continue reading
We rounded up a great collection of 3D print projects we produced for the country’s biggest brands. Continue reading
Over the years, Structural Graphics has helped companies create promotional products that reflect the essence of their brand in some pretty incredible ways. Continue reading
Our NEW Magic X-ray mechanism is a great format to bring to life various types of messaging! Display before and after imagery, old to new restoration, a positive transition, hidden messages, what’s “behind the curtain”… the possibilities are endless!
The Inside Scoop:
Invented in late 2013 by our designer, Rob Kelly, this concept was inspired by his son’s preschool show & tell for the letter “X.” He gave his son paper X-ray specs to wear which were [of course] pretend. He wondered if there was a way he could bring the x-ray effect to life in paper. Energized by the idea, Rob made a working prototype that weekend!
Check out our Structural Graphics 2014 New Year’s card. This card featured a snowy forest scene with some woodland creatures hiding. A fox? The abominable snowman? An owl in a tree? Birds chirping? The only way you can tell who is hiding, is to move the wand around to find them!
Other clients, in addition to Whirlpool, have used this design to bring their messaging to life! See some ideas below to get the creativity flowing…
1) An x-ray of a body part including the benefits of a new medical device produced
2) A “discover and find” for kids, similar to “Where’s Waldo?”
3) What is in your wallet? For financial, credit card, insurance card companies, etc.
4) Before and after restoration, a new car, or feature a car that changes colors with a movement of the “wand” to reveal
5) Curious what’s in your food? Take a sneak peek into what it is made of, including the vitamins and benefits
6) X-ray luggage on an airport conveyor
7) Motivating customers to travel – a black and white snowy scene transforming into a tropical, colorful beach somewhere exotic!
8) New building design layout, interior views of a building, or everything going on behind the scenes in a home
9) Sneak peek “magic reveal” for a new TV or movie premiere!
10) The magic of a new makeover, anti-aging treatments or simply skin cleansing solutions
11) Your brand logo as the showcased image with your services and products magically revealed underneath
12) A look inside of a gift package – revealing jewelry or an engagement ring, keys to a car, a brand new smartphone, etc.
This Magic X-ray Viewer is new and PATENT PENDING, thus only found through your friends at Structural Graphics!